Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Monarch Butterfly


Don't you just love the start of summer when the butterflies start fluttering and the lightning bugs start lighting? I certainly do. I love to sit out on the swing in the evening and watch those little lightning bugs. I can remember as a kid getting a canning jar and poking holes in the lid and catching my little lights and putting them in there. I was so amazed at the yellow bugs. I caught butterflys that way to. Always the pretty orange and black ones that I would later find out were called Monarchs. You don't see many of them around anymore, but when I do I get nostalgic of my childhood.
I created this little beauty yesterday. I guess I'm just a buggy kind of girl. I've never been afraid of bugs at all. Never ran away from spiders and actually used to catch daddy long legs. I was a prissy little tom girl, LOL! I hope you like her. She was so much fun to make. I have a green and white one that I will be sharing soon. Thanks for stopping in awhile. I'm always glad to have visitors. Makes me feel special. I hope today I've brought back some childhood memories for you. Blessings to each of you!
Bye
~Margaret~

No comments: