Monday, February 7, 2011

Surgery!

My husand and I.
Well, tomorrow is my big day! I will be having weight loss surgery! Yes, weight loss surgery. I am having the lap band surgery done. I am extremely nervous and could use any prayers that you all may want to pray for me.
I know this will be the best thing to ever happen in my life. Being healthy and getting off this high blood pressure medicine is our goal in having this surgery.
Finally came to the point that help is needed. Try as I might I can loose 20-40 lbs but then I gain it all right back. Dr. said that a lot of it is my genetic makeup. He's right...my grandma and aunt both have had weight loss surgery...only about 28 yrs ago.
I'm writing this to let you know that it is ok to do something like this. There is nothing to be ashamed of. It's a tool to use to help take off weight and keep it off.
I'm looking forward to a day that I can shop in normal sizes again. A time when I can go shopping with my nieces and not need to go to the plus size department. A time where I will look good in that little black dress. A time where I can get in the floor and play with my son and not need help getting back up. A time when I feel better. At time to be myself again.
God is so good and I'm looking forward to this. I'm just scared. But I know that I have family and many friends praying for me.

I'll be posting some goodies this afternoon and hope that you'll go over to ebay and bid on them. I'm going to need some money to buy some new clothes in the next few months. LOL.
Thanks for all of your support!
Blessings.
~Margaret~

3 comments:

sleeplesswonder said...

Good luck Tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. Good for you for being brave enough to do this. I too shop in the plus size sections, and where I live they are very limited. Maybe you can send me all your old clothes, LOL. Congrats on this new page of your life.
Hugs,
Melissa D
mkds312@hotmail.com
www.sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Thank Melissa! I appreciate the words of encouragement. I've bought a lot of my clothes at Fashion Bug, they have a terrific plus size section and you can order on line. By far my fave place to shop!

Crafty Guam Girl said...

Congrats to you for taking this step. My BFF had hers done last year and I can really tell the difference. I need to lose weight too but unfortunately can't do any of those surgeries. So, it's healthy eating and exercise for me! But I know it can be done!
Congrats again to you and the start of a healthier you!

:-)
Buffie