Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Easel Card with Stick Pins

Easel Card with Stick Pins

Hello friends and thanks for dropping in today.
Over at the Pride we did a little swap this month. First swap I have been in seems like forever.
The challenge was to create an easel card and 5 stick pins. If you don't know by now, I'm not very good at making cards. I have the hardest time layering them and getting them the way I'd like them to look.

I hope my friend over at the Pride, JustaFewFriends, Krystal likes what I sent her.
I used  Black Currant, a DCWV cardstock stack. Love those colors and I know Krystal loves the dark colors too.


I'm not all that great at measuring either...so my mats are just a tad off...but they are still usable. lol
I added a paper piecing of robins in a nest that is from TBD and used with permission. Added some velvet black bows to match the paper. So pretty! 
I love the lace ribbon that I added to the bottom, I know Krystal isn't too keen on lace...but this ribbon was so pretty and went so well with the card, I just had to use it.
The roses I made from the leftover paper....I even made the tiny ivory ones too!

Here's the whole card set up:

Here's a closer look at the pins:
Hope you have enjoyed your visit in my den today. I sure did enjoy pouncing around and making my card. 
Have a great day.
Blessings!

 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

Beautiful card & stick pins, I love all those roses!!

Just a Few Designs said...

FRIEND!!! WOW! You did a GREAT job!! Love the colors and the cute lil birds! she will love it!!
thanks for sharing...
xoxo
Elsa

pooky said...

What a gorgeous card Margaret! Love the idea with the stick pins:)
♥hugs♥
Bev

Margaret said...

Thanks ladies!