Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stars and Stripes with the Pride

Stars and Stripes with the Pride

Hello and thanks for stopping by my den today. The Pride has been pouncing around and creating some awesome 4th of July inspirations for you.
For the month of July our challenge to play around with was Stars and Stripes!
I'm very patriotic. I love the 4th of July and believe in what our Country was founded on....Faith in God.
As I was pouncing around ideas in my head I came across a cutting file from PPbN called Independence Day. It was perfect for my Stars and Stripes theme.
Add a little Trendy Twine of Blueberry and Berry Red what a combo I came up with.
All of the paper piecing is hand colored with my promarkers. I just love to color and it is a great stress reliever.
I added some cute little star buttons to the ribbons and there is even a heart button in the center of the star on the hat.
The one little bear is holding a pom-pom made of Trendy Twine. I threw in some Prima flowers with card stock sticker centers and I have a set that is worthy of gracing my scrap book page. Can't wait to use it!
 Close up of left side
Close up of right side.
If you happened upon my blog by chance start at the beginning with our fearless Alpha Elsa 
Next in line is Bon 
Pounce on over and see what she has been up to!
Thanks for dropping by and have a safe and Happy 4th of July!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Margaret! SUPER, SUPER CUTE! You did an awesome job! Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July with family and friends! xoxo!

Just a Few Designs said...

WOW! My dear friend... I love all your project, but these 2 are my fav I think! lol but i think every time I see your work I make them my favs!! :) Its purrfect for our challenge, so patriotic and the faces on the lil bears made me smile right off! Thank you so much for participating!! I appreciate you and am totally stoked your part of my PRIDE!!!
ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!
XOXO
eLSA

Scrappin Sista said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Kimibee said...

Love your bears Margaret...super super cute!! Hope you and your family had a great July 4th... roooaarrr Kimi

A Creative Operation said...

This is adorable!!! I love it, zoo flipping cute!! Have a blast today! :) Michelle

Toneisha B. said...

Wow! So fun and creative! Love the cute little bears!

Yvonne "Bon" Ledford said...

Margaret...

SPECTACULAR AS ALWAYS!!! So sweet at the same time so patriotic!! Have I told you before just how much I love your little bears?? You are very good with your pro markers...beautifully done! I am so pleased to be in your company...You are truly one talented lady! I hope you have a FANTASTIC 4th Of July my friend.

Becky Dunham said...

This is adorable Margaret! I love to color too, but I really need to learn it better - I think I still color like I did when I was young :)

Sukie said...

Very cute project. The little bears you create are so adorable! Love the Trendy Twine accents too!

Sue Hornsby said...

So cute!!! love those bears! Project just makes ya happy! Love it!