Saturday, December 8, 2012

Decorative Ornament Hop with Just A Few Friends


 "Hi and welcome to my den, today along with the rest of the PRIDE of Just a Few Friends,  I have created a Christmas Ornament...  That means that as you hop along with us you will be introduced to 13 different styles! 13 different inspirations to create something beautiful to enjoy your Christmas...If you landed here by chance, visit Elsa's blog so you can hop along from the beginning and not miss a thing, if you've been hopping along then go on to the next den and see what BON created!!

Here's the lineup, make sure to visit each one:




I was really excited to learn that we were going to decorate an ornament for Christmas. Christmas is such a special time of year for us here at home. We usually buy one new Christmas ornament for our tree each year. I got the privilege of making it this year!!

Red birds (cardinals) have to be one of my favorite birds. We have one that comes and visits out in our back yard every so often and I am just amazed at their beauty. So...I wanted something glitzy! When I saw the freebie cutting file from Treasure Box Designs....I knew that little bird and bells is what I was going to use!

Are you ready to see my ornament? OK, here it is! Forgive the lighting...it was raining and dark out today and I could not get a good shot to save my life.











The fun part about this ornament...I didn't make a MESS! The adhesive got sprayed in the top of the ornament and then I dumped glitter into the opening and swirled it around and then poured the leftover back in the container. How easy is that? Pretty easy!!!

Thanks for dropping in today. Many blessings to each of you and your families this CHRISTMAS season.




10 comments:

A Creative Operation said...

That is a gorgeous ornament, and a gorgeous tree!!! I have been wanting to try glittering ornaments...you are inspiring me!!
Merry Roars to you!!
Michelle

Proudmommy702 said...

Very beautiful ornament. You did an outstanding job...as usual. Roaring with pride!!! Blessings.

Just a Few Designs said...

hi! that lil red bird is adorable!! You know I've been meaning to try the whole glitter thing but it kinda scares me! Your brave...i just know I'll have glitter everywhere!!! Love your ornament and love that you participated!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!! XOXOXO
eLSA
ROARRRRRRRRRRR

Yvonne "Bon" Ledford said...

One word...ADORABLE!!! I always look forward to what you are going to be creating...because I know it will be cute and whimsical. You did it SISTER!!! Once again...You inspired me!!
Big Hug,
Bon

DaileyScrapper said...

What a cute birdie. Love it. It's a great ornament.
:-)
Yvette

Kimibee said...

Awwwwwe Margaret that is tooo cute!!...love it....Thanks for hopping with us.

48scrappin said...

Cute ornament!!! tfs, hugs, Violet

Becky Dunham said...

Adorable ornament Margaret! I love that you were able to make it without making a mess - that is a feat indeed, at least in my house!

Yiyi said...

LOVELY. It's so very cute. I love it....

Sue Hornsby said...

AWWW! so cute! Love those eyes!!!