Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy Mother's Day Box Hop

Mother's Day Box Hop

Hello from the Pride and welcome into my den today.
This month is a very special month for the Pride as we celebrate Mother's Day.
Our den mother Elsa is a sweetheart and I'd like to give her a big Happy Mother's Day hug! Love you Elsa!

So this month we've scratching around making boxes. My den was pretty messy for a while...with all the clipping, gluing and twine stringing. I kind of got caught up in the twine, pounced and bounced it around....just had a good ole time with it.

My mother has been gone for many years, so I decided not to put MOM or Mother on my box. I'm not giving it away...keeping it for me and putting it in my bathroom to hold my rings in.

I used a stack from K & Co to complete my box. Cut it out from Tags, bags and more cart from Cricut.
Added some half back pearls, wire, twine, beads, mesh and ribbons.






I think it is purrdy.
Make sure you start at the beginning with ELSA if you arrived here by mistake. If you have been following the lineup, RJ is next in line. Pounce on over and show him some love.

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful women!!

14 comments:

Linda said...

Wow my den sister! I stopped by your blog to copy your URL and I saw your post was already up - dang, you rocked this project! Love it and it is definitely puuuurdy! Heehee! Enjoy your weekend Margaret! xoxo, Linda

Kimi Blundell said...

Ditto what Linda said. Not only is it purrrrdy, but it is super cute too.

Kimi Blundell said...

Ditto what Linda said. Not only is it purrrrdy, but it is super cute too.

A Creative Operation said...

Double ditto, this is awesome! I love everything about it, just a wonderful project!
Hugs and Roars,
Michelle

Proudmommy702 said...

Okay triple ditto the purdy comment because you rocked out on this project. Love the colors, the layering, that twine roll must have taken forever. So purrfectly done. Great job den sister.

lakebrat said...

How beautiful! I think I have that cricut cartridge and have never used it before. I need to pull it out and see what I can come up with. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring me to use some of my forgotten tools. Have a great day, I'm going to hop on along now to the next one in the den. Robin aka candycreek.blogspot.com or tngirl224 on youtube :)

scrappinnana said...

Love your box with the butterflies and the color is delicious. TFS

Hugs,
Janet

suralear1 said...

Very nice altered box. Like the butterflies and the colors are awesome.

Thank you for doing this hop!
~Sharon

tumblingcarrie said...

beautiful box, i love the knob you created with the charms. so pretty

cyndie2010 said...

Beautiful box, those butterflies look really pretty. K and Co have some of the most beautiful papers and embellishments. Thank you for sharing. Cyndie

Just a Few Designs said...

Suzie thanks so much for the sweet hug! HUGS BACK my dear friend. I so love that your a part of my Den, I just love your box. You rocked this project!
LOVE ya sister!!
take care
xoxo
Elsa

DaileyScrapper said...

Well I'm going quadruple on that puuuurdy box.
Awesome job Den sister.
Big roarrrr hugs
Yvette

Sue Hornsby said...

WOW! this is great! all the unique and beautiful details are awesome!

Yvonne Ledford said...

Margaret...You sure surprised me with this one sister!! I was expecting those beautiful tear bears and what I saw just left me in AWE.Beautifully done sister!! It is going to be a lovely place to store your rings. I sure wish I had thought of something so wonderful before my Boo lost his wedding band the other day. :( What a wonderful idea and a beautiful creation!! Big Hugs...and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to one AWESOME Momma! Love you...Bon.